The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), who supplies copies of documents from military personnel records to authorized requesters, has improved the method for requesting these documents from them. The new web-based application will provide better service on these requests by eliminating the mailroom processing time. Military veterans, or their next of kin, may now use the online military personnel records system to request documents by going to http://vetrecs.archives.gov and supplying the essential information requested. All other requesters must still fill out the Standard Form 180 and mail it to the NPRC for action.

Join Today!

The United States Coast Guard Chief Petty Officers Association is unique among service organizations in that it was created by the Chiefs, of the Chiefs, and for the Chiefs of the United States Coast Guard.

Click to Join