Company Name U.S. Geological Survey, Great Lakes Science Center
Job Title Marine Machinery Repairer (Engineer)
Location (City/State) Cheboygan, Michigan
Contact Phone 734-707-3345
Contact Email email@example.com
Job Description The U.S. Geological Survey is looking to fill permanent Marine Machinery Repairer (MMR) positions at the Great Lakes Science Center’s Cheboygan Vessel Base. USGS is accepting resumes from qualified veterans that are eligible under one or more of several hiring authorities for the appointment of veterans. For more information please visit Special Hiring Authorities Available for the Appointment of Veterans (www.usgs.gov/about/organization/science-support/human-capital/special-hiring-authorities-available-appointment)
MMR position duties include:
– Operates, services, and repairs engine room, deck machinery, and equipment.
– Participate in fishery and ecosystem surveys aboard large research vessels for extended periods (10-30 days per survey).
– Diagnose and repair various marine vessel equipment, such as diesel engines, generators, and hydraulic systems.
– Manage ships engine room, keep accurate repair and maintenance logs.
– Leads or participates in maritime emergency response, firefighting, and man-over-board operations.
– Train personnel on safe vessel operations.
– Repair fishing gear including trawls, gill nets, hydraulic winches, net reels, and gill net lifter.
Since 1927, Great Lakes Science Center (GLSC) research has provided critical information for the sound management of Great Lakes fish populations and other important natural resources in the basin. The GLSC is geographically deployed throughout the Great Lakes basin through seven strategically located field stations and five large research vessels.
Interested candidates may submit their resume to Tim O’Brien (firstname.lastname@example.org), Cell: 734-707-3345